Is Your Stucco Inviting Moisture and Mold into your Home?

There is no end to where mold can grow in your home. The trick is to catch it before it causes serious harm and costly repairs. If your stucco, EIFS or stone is not installed right, your home may be susceptible to moisture problems. If you’re unsure if your home is allowing moisture, mold and bacteria to enter, call Swift and schedule an inspection.

moisture intrusion

Leaks and moisture buildup is the silent killer in any home. Get an inspection by Swift before making a purchase

Improper stucco installation or failing stucco can be the root of moisture problems

Just because you can’t see it, doesn’t mean it’s not there. There is an art to properly installing stucco. When it is properly installed using top of the line materials and paying close attention to details to avoid moisture intrusion, it is an attractive, durable and fairly low-maintenance material. Unfortunately, not all stucco has been applied correctly and the only way to tell is to get an inspection.

Mold is a hazard to your health and your home

damaged wood

Call a stucco expert immediately if you suspect your home has moisture issues or water damage

Mold will start to grow within 24-48 hours of a leak or moisture intrusion. The speed with which mold grows should make every homeowner put the inspection of their stucco, EIFS or stone at the top of their priority list, especially if you are in the process of buying a new home. The longer you allow the mold to grow and spread, the more costly the repairs will be, but that is nothing compared to the health risks involved in living in a house with mold.

Molds are not poisonous or toxic. However, molds produce harmful substances that can cause allergies (allergens), not to mention toxic substances (mycotoxins), that can lead to serious health issues to anyone staying at your home. You may not be irritated by mold, and not all molds will produce harmful substances – but do you really want to wait to find out? It’s not worth the risk; not to your home, and not to your health and the health of those you love.

Mold can cause allergic reactions such as: sneezing, coughing, runny nose, wheezing, watery eyes, red eyes, itchy eyes, rashes and/or skin irritation. More serious reactions to mold are also possible. If your immune system is compromised or you have problems with your lungs, the addition of toxic mold substances can lead to serious infections of the lungs, fever and difficulty breathing.

Front Range and Mountain Community Stucco Inspections

new stucco

For over 30 years Swift Inspections has been inspecting and fixing moisture issues due to damaged or improperly installed stucco, EIFS and stone

We understand the seriousness of moisture buildup in your home and what the repercussions are for not getting it fixed quickly and properly. At Swift Inspections we have 30 over years of experience inspecting commercial buildings and private homes in Colorado’s Front Range and Mountain communities. We have top-of-the-line technology to detect any moisture problems behind the stucco system. Schedule an inspection of your stucco, EIFS, and stone before, during and after installation.