With all the snow, hail, rain and stormy weather we got this May, it’s time to give your home’s exterior a serious once over to make sure that the harsh spring weather hasn’t compromised your home. The more vigilant you are at maintaining and checking the exterior of your home, the more likely you are to catch potential problems quickly and avoid serious and expensive repairs.
Avoid expensive repairs with regular maintenance and home inspections
As a homeowner you can be proactive in protecting your home. Regular maintenance can increase the life of your roof, siding gutters and windows. Colorado has extreme weather all year round, so you need to stay on top of your home, especially after severe storms, hail and snow. For Colorado Mountain homes, you need to be especially aware of the state of your home. Catching damage early will save you a lot of money on repairs in the future.
Check the exterior of your Front Range or Mountain community home
- Check for roof damage. Severe weather can take its toll on your roof, chimney and gutters. Make sure May weather hasn’t compromised the integrity of your roof, leaving your home susceptible to water damage
- Clean leaves and debris from your gutters and downspouts to allow them to function at their maximum potential. Your flashing systems and gutters are imperative in the fight against moisture and water damage.
- Remove dead trees or weak branches from around your home to avoid damage to your home. Cut any branches or bushes that are too close to utility wires or to your home.
- Oil and gas for gardening equipment or BBQ’s should be stored safely
- Fix cracks and uneven surfaces on your drive and walkway to prevent moisture buildup
- Check all of your drainage to make sure that water isn’t collecting in your yard or near your foundation. If water is building up on your property, fix the issues quickly.
Moisture issues and mold are the biggest threats to Colorado homes
There’s a lot of talk in the news about the desperate need for more water, but when it comes to your home you want to keep water out at all costs. Water intrusion is the greatest threat to your home and to your health. If the May weather has caused damage to your stucco, EIFS, stone, windows, gutters, roof, flashing systems, etc. then call Swift Stucco Inspection to get a complete assessment of the damage and a repair estimate. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
Specialized exterior and stucco inspections for Colorado homes
With over 30 years of experience in the stucco industry, we are highly experienced in our specialized field. We service the entire state of Colorado including Mountain Communities. We work alongside civil and structural engineers, and we have top-of-the line technology to detect any moisture problems behind the stucco system. If there is fault with the exterior of your home, we will find it and tell you the best way to fix.
Call 303-875-5843 for immediate assistance, or write to schedule an inspection.